Part I: How This Process Works
- The household MUST reside in Spokane County, WA. and be Avista Heated homes.
a. Not sure whether you live in Spokane County? Check on the SNAP Offices link on the menu bar.
b. If you live outside Spokane County and need energy assistance click on the LIHEAP link on the menu bar.
- The household cannot have received LIHEAP energy (heating) assistance since October 1st, 2016.
- Your average monthly household income must be under the income guidelines. For income guidelines check the Income Chart link on the menu bar.
- Note: To qualify for LIHEAP assistance this season social security number verification is required for Everyone in the household or birth certificates for those 17 and under.
- Energy assistance is not an emergency program. While waiting for your appointment and the completion of your application, it is important that you continue to make payments on your account and to stay in contact with your heating vendor.
- If you have additional questions about the availability of Energy Assistance appointments during the spring and summer months call SNAP at (509)456-7627, between 8:00am and 4:00pm M-F for assistance.
Part II: Getting an appointment
- As of 4/17/2017 - Appointments are being scheduled on a first come first serve basis for AVISTA Heated Homes Only. SNAP will again have All heat type appointments available starting next fall in late October 2017.
- You will need to fill in: total number of people in the household, the last 4 numbers of your SSA#, your name, address, phone number, birthdate and all household income for pay dates in the three calendar months before your appointment month. You will want to have all required information available before continuing, as the 15-minute clock will start when you click on the Start button.
- Fields marked with a red dot require information. Information is optional in all other fields. Click Continue when complete.
- When you complete the appointment request and it is determined that you MAY qualify you will be prompted to select an office location, date and a time period from the online calendar.
- Currently, there are several SNAP offices/locations to choose from for appointments.
- Phone Intake appointments require a working phone number and that a household member be available at the appointment time chosen to answer the phone. Phone intake appointments will require mailing of forms. The application process is Not completed until all forms are returned by mail to the appropriate office.
Questions or Problems
- For questions that have not been answered, check the FAQ link on the menu bar.
Have you received assistance since 10/1 of this year?
We're sorry but Energy Assistance in only eligible once per heating season.
= Required Field
you must include ALL people in the home, this must include everyone in the same residence
Your Appointment Confirmation notice will be automatically sent to this address.
|Type of Income||April||March||February|
|Earned income (gross)||$||$||$|
|Unemployment (not taxed at the time received)||$||$||$|
|Unemployment (taxed at the time received)||$||$||$|
|Child support (received)||$||$||$|
|Child support (paid out)||$||$||$|
|Pensions/retirement (not taxed at the time rec'd)||$||$||$|
|Pensions/retirement (taxed at the time rec'd)||$||$||$|
Click in the box to bring up calendar - clickable dates have appointments available
If you need to change your appointment, You can do so by clicking on the Office, Appointment Date, or Appointment Time fields above.